Spectrum Healthcare Resources an opportunity for a civilian Women's Health Nurse Practitioner supporting Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time opportunity, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Outpatient setting
- No night, weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
- Paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) option
- 10 paid federal holidays per year
- 4 family days (extended holiday weekends)
- Very respectable patient population
The Position will have the following requirements:
- Graduated from an accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing (BSN) acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General
- Must hold a Master’s degree from an approved OB/GYN or women’s health nurse practitioner program or Advance Certification (Certificate of Authority) acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General
- Must have a current, unrestricted license as a nurse practitioner
- Shall have a minimum of 24 months within the past 36 months of clinical practice experience
- Must possess a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner certification with the National Certification Corporation (NCC) for Obstetrics, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
- Must have knowledge of professional nursing theories, principles, practices, and procedures of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners; a variety of pharmacological agents to prescribe for patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications for their use; comprehensive knowledge of pediatric dosages and precautions; administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient’s health and medical conditions including explanation of procedures to patients and their acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care; and, computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and electronic medical records and patient information systems
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.