Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a civilian Family Nurse Practitioner supporting Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time opportunity, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Outpatient setting
- No night, weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
- Paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) option
- 10 paid federal holidays per year
- 4 family days (extended holiday weekends)
- Very respectable patient population
The Position will have the following requirements:
- National certification to work as a nurse practitioner
- Any active nurse practitioner state license
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Active DEA registration
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.