Distinctive/Spectrum Joint Venture has an opportunity for a PRN Licensed Practical Nurse with day time availability Monday-Saturday at the Fairfax Health Center in Fairfax, Virginia.
The job qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) School.
- Possess a valid, current license (with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a LPN and be licensed to practice as a LPN in at least one state in the United States.
- One year related experience preferred.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
This position provides nursing services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Obtain patient history and pertinent family history.
- Perform quality control checks and operator maintenance for a variety of patient care equipment.
- Assist in identifying patient needs and implementing the plan of care.
- Document care given and patient response in the medical record.
- Prepare patient for physical examination.
- Carry out nursing director, registered nurse and physician orders and document in patient medical record.
- Retrieve and enter pertinent data in CHCS (CHCSII) and other computer based systems. Communicate pertinent patient data to the appropriate provider.
- Possess knowledge of actions and usual dosages of most commonly used ambulatory clinic drugs and record in medical record.
- Recognize emergency situations and initiate appropriate resuscitative measures.
- Assist in patient family education regarding prescribed procedures.
- Assess patient family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient family demonstrated level of understanding.
- Participate in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established procedures.
- Assist with clinic related administrative tasks.
- Prepares and administers routine immunizations to pediatric and adult patients.
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned.
Distinctive Home Care is a licensed, bonded and insured home health care agency based in Largo, Maryland, specializing in live-in and live-out services for adults and children from as little as 4 hours per day up to 24 hours per day, short term and long term. Distinctive Home Care provides services throughout the Washington - Baltimore Metropolitan area as well as Southern Maryland. Teaming with Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) that was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. Distinctive Home Health Care and Spectrum is proud to welcome a joint to provide excellent healthcare.