Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opening for a full-time EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST at...
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE in KNOB NOSTER, MISSOURI
The provider may be required to perform some, or all, of the following activities:
- The contractor will observe Airmen working in the operational environment to understand the mission, identify occupational musculoskeletal and/or cardiovascular stressors, and build rapport with unit members.
- Provide education which may include topics covering: nutrition, physical activity, sleep, and fatigue.
- Provide occupation-specific group instruction which may include techniques to enhance musculoskeletal performance and reduce risk of musculoskeletal injury.
- Recommend changes to work-center and work-center culture to mitigate identified risks for musculoskeletal injury (i.e. Air Force Specialty Code-specific fitness programs, routine duty-related musculoskeletal conditioning/”warm-up” techniques, etc.).
- Provide performance enhancement testing, functional movement evaluation, and exercise prescriptions, as needed.
- Advise commanders, supervisors and individual Airmen on techniques to elevate overall physical fitness levels, improve unit physical fitness testing performance and decease risks of occupational injuries.
- Collaborate with the OST Physical Therapist in the identification of unit-specific physical and/or ergonomic stressors that increase risk of mission related occupational injury.
- Coordinate with base OST Physical Therapist to facilitate appropriate healthcare services following injury and conduct monitoring and periodic reporting on indicators related to health and human performance.
- Assist with occupational health surveillance and trend monitoring during time limited unit interventions.
- The provider shall provide workplace centered exercise physiology services aimed at improving musculoskeletal resilience, optimizing Airmen physical fitness and performance in the operational environment, and reducing risk of musculoskeletal injury.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in exercise physiology, kinesiology, exercise science or closely related field with curriculum focused on human performance, motor learning, biomechanics, exercise assessment, programming and evaluation.
- Certification in one the following: National Academy of Sports Medicine Corrective Exercise Specialist or Performance Enhancement Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist, Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communication for the purpose of counseling, individual and group presentation and education, public speaking, briefings and trainings.
- Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office in development of training materials and when preparing, evaluating and assessing on-going data collection efforts.
- Certification in Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with Automated External Defibrillator training.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.