LVN/LPN – Emergency Medicine
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a Civilian LVN/LPN – Emergency Medicine at Brooke Army Medical Center/Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas.
This contract position offers:
- Opportunity to care for Military Families
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- 40 hour work week
- Any State License accepted
The LVN/LPN – Emergency Medicine position will have the following requirements:
- EDUCATION: Must have successfully completed all education and training requirements leading to and graduated from an accredited national, state or military equivalent school for Practical Nursing or Vocational Nursing.
- LICENSE: Must have and maintain throughout course of contract, a current, active, valid, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) from a United States jurisdiction. License must be recognized and accepted by the State of practice in accordance with governing regulations.
- KNOWLEDGE:As appropriate within established procedures, protocols and scope of practice, must have understanding of and ability to correctly utilize and/or apply; medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, clinical procedures, patient care; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications, vaccination procedures, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, medical contingency operations, computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- EXPERIENCE: Experience performing care and treatment of patients; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment; properly administering oral and parenteral medications; conducting paraprofessional portions of physical examinations; or assisting in medical treatment of patients in accordance with established procedures and protocols, within the LPN/LVN scope of practice.
- Shall have practiced as anEmergency Medicine - LPN/LVN performing hands-on patient care in a clinical setting for at least 12 months within the past 24 months.
- Shall be able to read, understand, speak, and write English well enough to communicate effectively and be a United States citizen.
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) through the America Heart Association
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.