Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Medical Social Worker at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska.
This contract position offers:
- Full- time opportunity, Monday to Friday: 7:30am to 4:30pm
- No evening, weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
- Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision insurance plus 401(k)
- Paid time off plus 10 paid Federal Holidays annually
- Opportunity to establish and maintain procedures to identify family members with special medical and educational needs and use a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach with other key service providers
- Masters of Social Work(MSW) degree from an accredited graduate school of social work
- Active LMSW or LCSW in any one of the fifty states
- A minimum of 2 years full-time experience in care coordination, discharge planning, or case management in medical setting within the last 4 years
- Knowledge and understanding of developmental abilities in program planning, implementation, and evaluation, and in conducting individual, family, group, and community assessments
- The MSW will not be performing as a regular social worker. MSW is only going to review records for incoming military with dependents with medical issues and will help decide if they can come to Alaska and be treated in the civilian community for their health issues. The MSW won't be seeing patients in a clinical setting.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to the United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA Clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a nationwide organization that services 860 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,800 affiliated healthcare professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.