Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a civilian Nurse Practitioner supporting Ft Sam Houston AFB in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time opportunity, 40 hours per week
- Outpatient setting
- Monday through Friday clinic hours are 7am to 4pm
- No night, weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
The Position will have the following requirements:
- National certification to work as a nurse practitioner
- Any active nurse practitioner state license
- Two years recent full-time experience in a perioperative or other healthcare setting conducting in-depth patient history taking, assessment, and physical examination for all age groups, newborn through geriatrics, having outpatient and inpatient surgery.
- Active BLS
- Active DEA registration
- NP will be required to consult with other health care professionals to obtain information or services that are relevant to pre-anesthesia evaluation process.
- Ensure routine and special laboratory tests, radiographic studies, electrocardiograms, cardiac studies, and pulmonary studies are ordered as indicated by the patient’s medication history or assessment, the surgical procedure, or published standards.
- Prescribe preoperative medications in CHCS as appropriate and in accordance with privileges and hospital rules and regulations.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.