Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a civilian Registered Dietitian at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 to 4:30
- Any State License Accepted
- Full Benefits Offered
- Conduct nutrition assessment/evaluation which includes nutrient intake, activity level, appetite, intake of vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, and other complimentary alternative medicine usage, weight history, taste changes, feeding problems, food intolerance, food-drug interactions, unhealthy diet behaviors, socioeconomic and ethnic background, documented medical history, current diagnoses and medical treatment modalities, current drug therapy, and clinical signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies.
The Registered Dietitian will have the following requirements:
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the ACEND or completion of a DPD accredited by the ACEND or completion of a post- Baccalaureate degree Dietetic Internship Program of supervised practice (for a minimum of 1200 hours) accredited by ACEND.
- Possess current registration as a Registered Dietitian from the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Two or more years of clinical experience in diet therapy after December 2013, is required. This experience must have been gained after graduation; clinical experience gained during or before completion of training does not fulfill this requirement.
- Two or more years’ experience in medical nutrition therapy, health education, or health promotion, is required.
- Must also have two or more years’ experience as a researcher.
- BLS certification
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.