Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a current opportunity for a civilian Registered Dietitian at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 to 4:30
- Any State License Accepted
- Full Benefits OfferedThe Registered Dietitian will have the following requirements:
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) or completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) accredited by the ACEND
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted dietetics license or certification
- Maintain a current status as a Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, accomplishing a minimum of 75 Continuing Education Units (CEU) per 5 year reporting period, and be privileged through the Credentials Office, IAW AF instructions
- BLS certification
- One year of specialized experience in diet therapy after graduation
- One year of clinical experience in diet therapy after December 2014, is required. This experience must have been gained after graduation; clinical experience gained during or before completion of training does not fulfill this requirement. Out-patient experience, within the last two years, is highly desired.
- Conduct nutrition assessment/evaluation which includes nutrient intake, activity level, appetite, intake of vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, and other complimentary alternative medicine usage, weight history, taste changes, feeding problems, food intolerance, food-drug interactions, unhealthy diet behaviors, socioeconomic and ethnic background, documented medical history, current diagnoses and medical treatment modalities, current drug therapy, and clinical signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies.
- Apply principles and practices of clinical dietetics and medical nutrition therapy in order to plan, develop, and independently coordinate medical nutrition therapy intervention, interdisciplinary care plans, and nutrition education activities.
- Assess, analyze, and determine nutrition needs for the Basic Trainees and Technical School Airmen, using evidenced-based principles.
- Provide recommendations based on conventional processes to improve nutrition program outcomes among the Airmen/Trainees.
- Select and implement the most appropriate behavior modification approach to optimize behavior change.
- Assess Airmen/Trainees to screen for potential nutritional or dietary factors that would increase their risk of injury/illness. These screening procedures may include but are not limited to obtaining a personal health and dietary/nutritional history, ordering blood tests for any macro/micronutrient deficiencies or sequelae thereof, and any other screening as deemed necessary and appropriate.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.