Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a current opportunity for a civilian Exercise Physiologist at Lackland Air Force Base (VIPER CLINIC) in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 to 4:30
- Full Benefits Offered
- Assess the fitness level of the population as defined in the task order using sound epidemiological principles. Use evidenced based exercise and behavior change theories to develop, coordinate, implement, conduct, track and evaluate a comprehensive fitness program aimed at fitness improvement and disease intervention and prevention.
The Exercise Physiologist will have the following requirements:
- Graduate from a Bachelor's or Masters program in exercise physiology, exercise science, kinesiology, sports medicine or wellness accredited by the American Society of Exercise Physiologists (ASEP)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist from American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- EITHER- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) OR Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association
- One year of experience as an Exercise Physiologist after graduation
- Five or more years experience with performing running gait analysis and gait training in a military, collegiate, and/or professional practice setting is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Automated Eternal Defibrillator (AED) certifications through American Heart Association
- Shall be held to the same physical fitness standards as active duty Air Force personnel.
Spectrum Healthcare ResSHRces (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health SSHRems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Service firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.