Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Pharmacy Technician - Admin. at Ft Carson in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Majority of the time spent making phone calls to patients as part of the Recapture Program
- Assist licensed Pharmacists provide medication and other health care products to patients.
- Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, and prepares medications for approval by pharmacist. May perform the duties of a Pharmacy Inventory Technician or a Pharmacy Admixture Technician.
- Perform routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medication, such as counting tablets, requesting drugs from Baker Cell dispenser, reconstituting medications by mixing with fluids, preparing topical ointments, other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages, and labeling bottles for review by pharmacist.
- For prescription preparation, technicians must retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, sometimes mix the medication, and prepare labels.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, prepare insurance claim forms, and stock and take inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
The Pharmacy Technician will have the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician training course.
- Have and maintain a current National certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Shall have been continuously employed as a CPhT for at least one year prior.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 540 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 5,500 affiliated health care professionals.