Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a PRN Registered Nurse to support the Federal Occupational Health Outreach services in Washington, DC.
This position offers:
- Flexible scheduling, Monday – Friday
- No weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
- Any active, unrestricted state RN license accepted
- Opportunity to care for federal employees in a highly sought after work setting
- Outreaches occur from end of September through the end of December.
- 80% of outreaches will be flu shots (during outreach season)
- Other outreach activities include: blood draws, blood pressure screening, cholesterol screening, glucose screening,
- The outreach nurses reports to whichever clinic the outreach is out of. RN will pick up the outreach supplies from a particular clinic, go perform the outreach at another destination, and return the supplies back to the initial clinic
- Length of outreach shifts can vary from 3 hours to 6 hours and can be a multiple nurse outreach or a single nurse outreach
- Graduate from a National League of Nursing accredited school (Diploma, AD, or BSN)
- RN licensure in any of the 50 states, active and unrestricted
- Minimum 1 year experience in Occupational Health or related area such as public health/community health, outpatient clinic, school nursing, or physician office nursing
- Minimum 3 years RN experience preferred
- Recent clinical experience required
- AHA (American Heart Association) Basic Life Support Certification, CPR/AED
- Must be willing to travel to more than one clinic within a day, no more than
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.