Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a civilian Psychologist at Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport, LA. This contract position offers:
- Monday through Friday work schedule
- Structured Work Environment
- Work/ Life Balance
- Appreciative Population
- No On-Call Responsibilities
The Position will have the following requirements:
- Doctor of Philosophy in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program
- Completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology
- Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the fifty states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology
- Cognitive Processing Therapy, or Prolonged Exposure Therapy or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy CEUs
- Ability to deliver Evidence Based Treatment modality to treat PTSD
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records of and inpatients medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies and psycho-diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuro-psychological disorders.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 860 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,800 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.