Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a civilian Substance Abuse Counselor at the Naval Health Clinic Hawaii in Hickam Field, Hawaii.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time opportunity
- Monday through Friday (8.5 or 9 hour shifts depending on the needs of the facility)
- 40 hour work week
- No on-call responsibilities
- Compliant and respectful patient population
- Must possess and maintain one of the following:
- An Associate of Arts Degree in a behavioral science with training in substance abuse and chemical dependency treatment, OR,
- Completion of the Navy Drug and Alcohol Program Management Activity School
- Possess and maintain one of the following:
- A National Certification Credential by one of the following:
- The National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors, OR,
- The National Board of Certification Counselors, OR,
- The International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, OR,
- Certification as a Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor
- Possess a current, unrestricted license or certification as an Alcoholism and/or Drug Abuse Counselor in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the US Virgin Islands (Certification as a Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor will satisfy for this requirement)
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year experience with the preceding two (2) years as an Abuse Counselor in a Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program which includes male and female clients.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.