Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an immediate opportunity for a civilian Cardiovascular Technician supporting JBSA - Ft. Sam Houston in Ft. Sam Houston, TX.
This contract position offers:Ind.Other
- Full-time opportunity
- Normal hours of duty: 7:30 AM through 4:30 PM
- Outpatient setting
- Shared on-call duties
- Paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) option
- 10 paid Federal Holidays per year
- Great opportunity to provide health-care services for our country's active duty men and women
- Successfully completed a program of formal education for Cardiovascular Technicians. Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist RCIS (Preferred).
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association.
- Must possess knowledge of the theory and background for performing invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular procedures.
- Minimum of two years’ experience on invasive catheterising.
- Maintains current knowledge of anatomy, physiology, nursing techniques procedures, emergency medical treatments, medical ethics and legal implications, and aseptic techniques. Possess thorough knowledge of cardiovascular diagnostic testing and therapeutic treatments.
- Contract HCPs shall be required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements. The government will not reimburse for these costs.
- The contract HCP shall have received Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required training for the position in which they will perform, and
that training currency is maintained. Documentation of such training shall be provided to the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.