Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a part-time Registered Nurse Coordinator to provide Occupational Medicine services at the Ralph H. Metcalfe Federal Building in downtown Chicago, IL. (Address is 77 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604)
This position offers:Ind.Nurse
- Monday through Friday | 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- No weekend, evening, holiday, or on-call responsibilities!
- A low- stress environment, focusing on employee health
- Providing Occupational Medical care for the adult employees working at the Federal Building
- Provides nursing care in an occupational health setting to include but not limited to walk-in care, first aid, as well as emergency response, provision of treatments prescribed by personal physician, assessing and monitoring environmental hazards for special classes of employees
- Educational programs for federal employees using FOH (Federal Occupational Health) training materials and protocols as well as health promotion programs
- Ensures that all services delivered are entered into the management information system
- Ensures outreach services policies are delivered per the specifications of FOH
- Communicates site-specific problems, e.g. staffing, in a timely manner to appropriate area clinic manager
- REQUIRED: At least 2 years of experience providing direct patient care in an acute care setting such as primary care, urgent care, emergency department, occupational health, or public/community health
- Minimum 1 year supervisor/management exerience preferred
- Hands-on clinical experience within the last two years required
- Must be able to perform a blood draw and intramuscular and subcutaneous injections
- Physical ability to perform basic life support on the ground or floor, push a wheelchair, carry emergency go-bag, and other supplies to respond to an on-site emergency
- Graduate from a National League of Nursing accredited school (Diploma, AD, or BSN)
- Basic Life Support Certification through AHA or ARC
- RN licensure in any of the 50 states, active and unrestricted
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.