Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Emergency Room RN at Travis AFB, CA.
This contract position offers:Ind.Nurse
- Full Time Position
- Paid Time Off & 10 Paid Holidays
- Great Benefits!
- BCLS Certification is required
- PALS Certification is required
- ACLS Certification is required
- Must be certified through the ANCC, ENA, TNCC,ENPC, or have taken a Course in Advance Trauma Nursing-Injury and Illness(CATN-II)
- Minimum of two years experience with at least one year in and Emergency Room. One year of experience must have occured within the last three years.
Scope of Practice:
- Provides emergency nursing care for emergent, urgent, and non-urgent patients
coming to the Emergency Department.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients
including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to
include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and
religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the
desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the
accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage
calculations as required.
- Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of
patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching,
and follow up care.
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned patients and ancillary personnel.
- Delegates tasks, directs emergency room technicians, specialty technicians, and
provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
- Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if
required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support
measures when necessary.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word
processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of
optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all
established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment
facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice
and skill level utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Assesses patients.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers,
families, peers, and other health team members.
- Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care.
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment
such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen
analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and
collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the
healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication
format in addressing professional issues.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation,
both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance
with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Contributes to professional environment using appropriate leadership skills.
- May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support
during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed.
- Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with
decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service
initiatives, and medical readiness activities, peer review, and other activities
designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety
IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement
- Be productive and perform with minimal supervisory direction. Ensure all
equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure
preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Certified Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 600 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 5,600 affiliated health care professionals.