The Hampton VA Medical Center has PRN Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner positions available.
- Nationally certified as a Physician Assistant (NCCPA) or Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AANP)
- Virginia State License
- Experience working in an Emergency Room setting, 12 months within the last 24 months
- Current DEA
- Active BLS & ACLS certifications
- Physician - 12 hour shifts: 7a-7p, 7p-7a, 11a-11p
- APC coverage from 10a to 10p every day, and an additional APC working 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday
- Level II ED
- Unit Averages 80 Patients Per Day
- About 24,000 visits yearly
- About half the patients are ESI level 4 and 5s.
- Very few community ambulance patients
- We do have an attached CLC (nursing home) and Spinal cord injury and probably the sickest patients come from there.
- We have 36 acute beds in the hospital: 8 ICU, & SDU and 21 med surg beds. We also have 35 acute mental health beds, and when they develop issues after hours those patients come to the ED.
- We have an academic team in house 24/7 who cover codes.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 540 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 5,500 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources
12647 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
Phone: 800-325-3982 x 4246
Click below to find out why Spectrum Healthcare is such a great place to work!
VA - Virginia - Hampton VAMC
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.